Let's roll, Carrie!

| |




May 27, 2010

Cardigan: Halogen (Nordstrom)
T-shirt: J. Crew
Skirt: J. Crew
Tights: DKNY (Nordstrom)
Shoes: Nine West
Bag: Treesje (Nordstrom)
Rings: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Marc on Newbury St. Boston)
Bracelet: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Marc on Newbury St. Boston)
Headband: J. Crew

About a month before the opening of SATC2 I made a date with my best friend (and persistent photographer) to see it the very first night after what could only be a very happy, happy hour.

Actually, let's talk about the happy hour. Portland is not a formal city by any means. I work in a "business casual" office, which sadly many employees mistake for an excuse to wear Crocs and fleece, not only outside of the house, but all year round! Just imagine my surprise when I walked into the bar and saw endless tables of women in dresses, skirts, knee high boots, one shoulder tanks, heels, heels and more heels. I mean, what would SATC be without heels? I am ashamed to admit that I underestimated the power of Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte, and Miranda; never did I think they could bring so much style to Portland on one night. Anyhow, the drinks were delicious, and I loved the movie.

I knew I wanted to wear a skirt and heels, and this denim skirt is my new favorite bought in my denim frenzy (see Monday Blues). I like the feminine shape of this skirt and it's just short enough to keep it fun. This soft, gray t-shirt, is embellished with tulle flowers, beads, and paint strokes. The pale lavender cardigan brings a bit of spring to this somewhat rainy day outfit of all gray and black. To balance the sweet look, I added a studded headband, two spiky rings, and a chain and velvet bracelet.

Next week's date (yes, we have a girls' night every week) includes seeing The Runaways...stay tuned.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...