It was fun until the kids showed up!

| |



June 1, 2010 
 
Jacket: Juicy Couture (Nordstrom Rack)
Sweater: Gap
Jeans: Rich and Skinny (Nordstrom)
Shoes: Coach (Nordstrom Rack)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Marc on Newbury St. Boston)
Necklace: J. Crew
Ring: BCBG Max Azria

The long weekend was made an extra day longer thanks to my four ten hour day schedule (I have Fridays off). I returned to work feeling refreshed but was already antsy to escape the office by 10 AM. The forecast called for rain all day, so we took advantage of the morning dry spell and headed to the Portland Art Museum's outdoor sculpture mall.

This is definitely my favorite post to date, not because of the outfit but the photos. It was actually quite fun and felt more like recess in grade school than a break from work. Of course, that was until the actual grade schoolers arrived. About fifteen minutes in, I saw what can only be described as a nightmare to both me and my photographer: children pouring out of bus after bus. I don't have a maternal bone in my body; the idea of being pregnant feels much more foreign than natural to me, and the population problem does not escape me. It should come as no surprise that I really don't like children, so seeing them screaming and running around what was just five minutes before my own personal playground put a bit of a damper on my fun. Luckily, the sculpture mall is big enough for us all to play.

As I mentioned in my last post, I live in boyfriend jeans on the weekend...sometimes they spill into the week. I bought this Breton stripe sweater after seeing a Breton Stripe challenge on one of my favorite blogs, What I Wore. I didn't have a blog at that point, but rest assured that next time Jessica issues a challenge, I will be there!

Okay, back to the outfit. I added a favorite pair of ballet flats, whose life was recently extended by getting the original leather soles replaced. I have to resist wearing this ribbon and mixed chain necklace every day! I love the mishmash of ribbon, chains, and rhinestones. With temperatures still much too low for June 1st, I once again turned to my trusty navy trench. It's been a while since I pulled this Marc bag out of its dust bag, and I am happy I did. I love the navy patent leather, and the shape is unlike all the other bags I own. It also brings back fond memories of the day I bought it...

1 comments:

erin said...

That is a fabulous bag, but you are just going to leave us hanging? What happened the day you bought it??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...