Hello, friend.

| |





June 6, 2010

Blazer: Express
Tuxedo Tunic: Lux (Urban Outfitters)
Jeggings: Joe’s Jeans (Nordstrom)
Shoes: Pour La Victoire (Gilt)
Necklace: Sloan Boutique, Portland
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)

When I saw the What I Wore Victor Victoria Style Challenge, I knew I had to send in a picture, especially after vowing not to miss the next challenge (see It was fun until the kids showed up!). I had the option of going ladylike but I am naturally drawn to menswear and had many options readily available in my closet. I’ve actually never worn this outfit although it was my immediate reaction to seeing the challenge.

I started with this tuxedo tunic, which I knew I wanted to wear with this adorable, sparkly bow tie necklace. I love this necklace; it makes me happy the second I put it on. To balance the tunic, I added my black jeggings, which are some of the most comfortable pants I own (along with harem pants and, of course, my beloved boyfriend jeans). The blazer was a last minute addition, but I’m happy I grabbed it. I haven’t worn this blazer much, but when I have, I always seem to scrunch up the sleeves. I think it’s a bit too stuffy for me otherwise.

With a completely monochromatic outfit, I decided to add color in one of my favorite ways: on my feet. I love the bright colors and shape of these shoes. It was a victorious morning when I scored these beauties on Gilt. I actually had two pairs in my cart but was denied one, so I quickly clicked Buy before these slipped away. I haven’t worn them since last summer, and it was like seeing the friend with whom you will always be comfortable. I didn’t need to apologize for keeping them stowed away safely in their dust bag, in the original box in a special place in my closet for so long. No, no. We are beyond that. I love these shoes.

What shoes make your heart go pitter patter?

2 comments:

ClosetConfections said...

I love this look, especially the shoes and necklace. You definitely nailed the challenge.

Kendra
http://closetconfections.com

The Village Idiot said...

so cool!!!
you look like a tall chick too- I'm 6' w/ a size 11 shoe.
those shoes are killer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...