Dreaming in blue

| |





 
June 28, 2010

Dress: French Connection (French Connection on Newbury St. Boston)
Necklace: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom Rack)
Shoes: Sam Edelman (Nordstrom)
Ring: BCBG Max Azria
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Marc on Newbury St. Boston)

While scouring my closet for something that would loosely cover my new tattoo, I remembered this dress and thought the length of the sleeves would be perfect. After digging around a bit, I concluded that it was not in my closet so the search began. I found it in a pile of clothes (with a few other forgotten gems) that I washed after returning from my last trip to Mexico. Realizing something is not in my closet almost always leads to an exasperated search for said item. I am going to be honest: I have piles of clothes and stacks of shoe boxes all over my house. My closet is not even close to adequate, and being the kind of person who likes to see all her options at all times, I need to be…creative…about storage.  A lack of closet space has plagued me for several years and has even forced a move out of an apartment that I adored (my boyfriend grew tired of tripping over shoe boxes). Of course, every girl dreams of the kind of closet that Big builds Carrie in the first SATC movie, but I don’t see that happening soon. Does anyone have any closet tips? I can’t seem to bring myself to spend a lot of money on organizing my closet when that money would be so much better spent filling my closet!

The colors and abstract pattern of this dress always bring to mind images of the ocean. The loose shape and soft jersey material make this dress one of my most comfortable, and I adore almost any dress with pockets. I decided to accessorize with varying shades of blue, adding navy blue flats, my blue patent bag, and a chunky teal necklace. In retrospect, I think I should have added a pop of yellow or lime green rather than dressing almost entirely in blue. Perhaps my Monday Blues were back? Or maybe I was just daydreaming about the beach?  

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I would literally kill a man for the closet Big builds Carrie.

I love how well all of your sea greens and blues are coordinated without being super matchy-matchy.

xoxo, Ashley

Anonymous said...

Love that dress! I think the "pop" comes from the skulls matching your nearly-white hair. Very cute :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...