Don't fret, my pet.

| |


 

 





June 17, 2010

Blazer: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom Rack)
Shirt: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Saks)
Jeans: Rich & Skinny (Nordstrom)
Belt: Betsey Johnson (Nordstrom Rack)
Shoes: Nine West
Bangles: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)
Rings: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Marc on Newbury St. Boston)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)

There was only one shirt that could do for the day of game seven of the NBA finals. Given the events of the last game, in which my Celtics suffered a demoralizing loss, I was a ball of anxiety about the game. Whenever I am feeling particularly stressed, I always reach for this shirt. I can’t look in the mirror and see Miss Marc’s adorable message of “Don’t fret my pet” without smiling, and it’s a good reminder for someone like me, who can usually find something to stress about. What can I say? I’m an anxious person!

While this shirt is mostly greenish, I was a little worried about the presence of purple as it is the color of the enemy (the Lakers). Truth be told, I like to throw my comfy purple cardigan on over this shirt, but as soon as I did, I gasped at the sight! Purple over green? Is that symbolic of a Celtics loss? I just couldn’t risk it and had to quickly find a replacement. I grabbed this jersey blazer without much thought and was rather pleased that I did. First of all, it feels like a sweatshirt! The attached vest gives it that signature Marc quirkiness that I adore and I love that with it buttoned, it looks like Miss Marc is peering out over it.

The rest of the outfit was made up of many of my go to’s: boyfriend jeans, bangles, a few rings piled up, and pointy toed black heels. I felt comfortable and confident all day and maybe even a little feisty with anticipation.

Sadly, game seven didn’t work out as well for the Celtics as this outfit did for me…but, I will remind myself of the wise words of Miss Marc: don’t fret.

4 comments:

A-Dubs said...

'Just found your great blog last week and am coming out of lurkerdom to say that is one sweet ensemble! I hope your team brings it, and thus gives you no further reason to fret.

Also, the t-shirt/blazer combo is absolutely adorable.

erin said...

It was a sad loss, but you can be Celtics fret-free for about 4 months :)

And, of course, I love the outfit.

xAZD said...

great outfits! and great hair too, by the way. is it hard to keep up with redying and such?
http://xAZDdesign.com

Becca said...

This post seriously has me laughing! I'm so glad you're a celtics supporter (I'm a Boston gal myself) and I am loving the T-shirt! How cute! I have always loved the look of a T-shirt with a blazer over it - I think I started liking the look from Lorelai Gilmore from the Gilmore girls - I always dug her eclectic style (please don't judge my awful taste in TV!).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...