Color me happy!

| |







June 8, 2010

Dress: Burberry (Nordstrom)
Shoes: Pour La Victoire (Gilt)
Bracelet: Forever 21
Ring: BCBG Max Azria
Bag: L.A.M.B. (Nordstrom Rack)

Temperatures rose for only one day, so I’m happy I took advantage. It was warm and sunny, and I wore one of my favorite dresses. This is such a classic shirt dress; I know I will wear it for years to come. I love the bright color and iconic Burberry trench touches, and every time I wear this dress I love it a little more.

I think there is a discernible contrast between the clothes I wear when it’s cloudy and rainy and those when it’s sunny. This outfit is a perfect example. One bright color was not quite enough. I paired it with these amazingly vibrant platforms, which I should note are not just one color but three. After taking them out from the depths of my closet for the Victor Victoria challenge, I just couldn’t put them back so soon. I had yet to wear them with this dress, but I always had this outfit hanging in my mental closet.

With all that color, I went basic with accessories: a large studded bracelet, a heart shaped sparkly ring and my L.A.M.B. fold over clutch. Have I mentioned how much I love this clutch? The various shades of icy grays are gorgeous, and the black patent leather accents are perfect with the patent on the heels. While this bag is definitely a clutch, I often wear it without folding it over and I think I get more compliments on it when I do because it’s somewhat unexpected.

This outfit put me in a good mood from the moment I put it on. I will admit that I sometimes become so enamored with an outfit that I will wear it again (and again) in the exact same way. I think this is one of those outfits…



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...