City Safari

| |




 

June 7, 2010

Top: DKNY (Nordstrom Rack)
Pants: Rich & Skinny (Nordstrom)
Shoes: Cynthia Vincent for Target
Ring: BCBG Max Azria
Bag: Vintage Louis Vuitton (My mom)
At the beginning of a season, I like to make a list of items I need to update my closet and tie in new trends, and then I try to stick to only buying items on that list. Of course, I can’t truly adhere to that rule, so I usually set a price limit for anything else. This outfit encompasses two categories of new additions from my spring list: florals and something military inspired.

I lusted for this blouse after seeing it in a few fashion magazines, so catching it out of the corner of my eye at Nordstrom Rack on a rather miserable day at work totally turned my day around. I love the bright pinkish coral color, and the flowers are so delicate as though they were painted on. The boxy shape is perfectly balanced by the feminine, sheer fabric.

I knew there was only one military inspired item for me this season: cargo pants. I purchased these at the Nordstrom Half Yearly sale a few weeks back, even though I insisted I wasn’t going to buy anything. They felt feminine despite the baggy cut, mostly thanks to the drawstring ties on the hem of each leg. The neutral color pairs well with almost anything, and the length is perfect for both spring and summer here in the Northwest, where sadly, it never really gets that hot.

To finish off the look, I threw on this fabulous, cross body vintage Louis Vuitton bag. The last time I was home visiting my mother, I ended up rifling around in her attic when I saw this bag. When I inquired about it, my mother could not wait to regale me with the tale of her bargaining the price down at a tag sale and walking away with it for a ridiculously low price compared to its value. Before I knew it, it was in my suitcase ready to come back to Portland with me! I truly love this bag because it reminds me of my mother and her favorite pastime of wandering through tag sales searching for that hidden gem.

All together, I feel this outfit almost looks safari chic, which was completely unintentional. I love how the classic Louis Vuitton print looks with the tan wedges and olive cargo pants, and the floral print almost looks more like an animal print when played up by the other pieces. Aside from the bag and ring, this was the first time the other pieces left my closet and who doesn’t love wearing an entirely new outfit?

5 comments:

LookinFab said...

Wouldn't have guessed that the bag is vintage, it looks brand new!! Truly quality pieces do maintain their appearance for a long lime...

It's very interesting to read how you came up with the outfit, love the total look and especially the wedges!

Life of a Doctor's Wife said...

Those shoes are killer! Can't believe they are from Target!

erin said...

I can't believe I missed this outfit. The Louis bag, the cargo pants, the CV shoes, the DKNY top: ALL new to me. Okay, I've seen you in the cargo pants, but not as an outfit! Great post!

Dyanna Pure said...

That nail polish is super pretty! <3

-Dyanna Pure
www.thesfstyle.com

erin said...

I can't believe I missed this outfit. The Louis bag, the cargo pants, the CV shoes, the DKNY top: ALL new to me. Okay, I've seen you in the cargo pants, but not as an outfit! Great post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...