Blonde and Bowled

| |


May 30, 2010

Cardigan: Joie (Nordstrom)
T-shirt: American Apparel
Scarf: Zac Posen for Target
Jeans: Rich & Skinny (Nordstrom)
Shoes: Rock and Republic (Gilt)
Bag: Treesje (Nordstrom)
Adorable blue eyed kitty: Marley (Oregon Humane Society)

I always feel so much better with a fresh haircut. My hair appears very well mannered but underneath that facade is erratic, stubborn, and downright rude hair. Luckily for me, I have an amazing hair stylist who has mastered the art of taming my hair over the course of our five year relationship. I really needed a haircut; I normally strictly adhere to an every six weeks schedule but a minor head injury delayed this last one by two weeks. When I sat in the chair my hair stylist immediately got down to business and told me we were going "straight across". I had actually forgotten that during my last appointment, I mentioned that I was really into the bowl cuts popping up everywhere a la Tao Okamoto (see my Twitter feed for a pic). I think she did an amazing job. I absolutely adore this cut and we already started plotting a few surprises for next time.

This is my standard weekend uniform. I live in boyfriend jeans on the weekend. They are so comfortable and emote a relaxed vibe, which I certainly hope sinks into my charmingly anxious soul. On this Sunday, I was in a bit of a rush and actually grabbed a few items strewn about from my outfit the day before, including this v neck t-shirt. Next, I threw on my Zac Posen for Target safety print scarf as an alternative to accessorizing with jewelry. With temperatures continuing to hover around 62, a sweater was a good choice and the colors of the scarf look amazing with the purple backdrop of my favorite cardigan. I finished it all off with my studded, fuchsia flats. Truth be told, I wore these because I wasn't going out for long and planned to do little walking. I adore these shoes; they just don't love me back. Since I bought them on Gilt, I didn't try them on and for some reason European equivalents of a US size 10 never seem to fit quite right. I had the option to return them, but I just couldn't...some shoes are worth a little pain.

And, that's my cat, Marley. We went for a stroll, and I just couldn't resist a few shots with him!

1 comments:

Life of a Doctor's Wife said...

Love your blog! You really have amazing style.

And the cat on a leash? I have never seen something so awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...