Be still my heart

| |




June 25, 2010

Striped Tank: Trouvé (Nordstrom Rack)
Black Tank: Express
Jeans: Rich & Skinny (Nordstrom)
Shoes: Nine West
Necklace: Marc by Marc Jacobs (a gift)
Bracelet: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Marc on Newbury St. Boston)
Bag: Treesje (Nordstrom)
Tattoo: Melanie Nead (Icon Tattoo Studio, Portland)

This day crept up on me after months of anxiously awaiting its arrival. When I met with the lovely Melanie Nead of Icon Tattoo for a consultation, it came as no surprise that I would have to wait for my anatomical heart tattoo and it was certainly worth the wait. I am absolutely in love with my new tattoo!

Going into the appointment, I was quite anxious; putting all my trust in a complete stranger to put something so very permanent on my skin is nerve wracking. Luckily for me, I was in very good hands. The studio itself is very soothing with lots of natural light (with actual sunlight pouring in) and a very pretty aesthetic reinforced by the very pretty, almost entirely female, staff. Once I settled in, lying on my stomach, we began and all anxiety drifted out the window. Melanie was swift and confident with her strokes and I found myself more relaxed than I ever thought possible, almost dozing off at points. About three hours later, I was the proud owner of this beautiful heart.

When it came time to choose an outfit for this day, I was all about comfort and, knowing that the tattoo would be placed on my arm, I wanted it to be easily accessible. Boyfriend jeans and layered tanks were perfect, with my favorite necklace for luck. We didn’t take any actual outfit pictures on this day, but that’s fine by me; the outfit wasn’t really the focus…

2 comments:

Becca said...

What a cool tattoo. I'm ashamed to admit that the closest I came to getting any ink ended in me chickening out (and it was a fraction of the size of this tattoo!).

Ashley said...

Whoa! That is one hell of a heart, girl! I always admire the decision making skills of a person with a tattoo. I just don't think I could ever commit to a permanent accessory, hahah.

xoxo, Ashley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...