7th grade Santina called...she wants her look back.

| |




 

June 16, 2010

Jacket: Juicy Couture (Nordstrom Rack)
Shirt: J. Crew
Jeans: J.Crew
Shoes: Coach (Nordstrom Rack)
Necklace: J. Crew
Ring: BCBG Max Azria
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Marc on Newbury St. Boston)

This outfit is reminiscent of my preppy youth growing up on the east coast. I remember a far less chic version of this haircut around that time, as well; I cried the day I got it. I like to think I redeemed myself for those years with this adorable outfit. I am loving J. Crew right now. Suddenly the tried and true basics have been updated and given an edge. I am particularly enamored with their refined yet tough jewelry, especially the Fenton-Fallon line. I find myself once again identifying with the J. Crew girl. And with how quickly items move to the sale rack, I always feel like I’m getting a bargain!

I love the pale blue of this polished button down paired with the tangle of rhinestones, chains, and ribbons of this necklace. These skinnies have been in my rotation since the day I bought them; they are super comfy, and there is a slight sheen to the denim, which makes them look a bit fancier than your average denim. The fitted cut perfectly balances the length of the shirt. And, what else but ballet flats could finish off this sweet look?

While I know fashion history repeats itself, I really never thought I would return to my preppy roots. Have you surprised yourself with a throwback look?

6 comments:

Life of a Doctor's Wife said...

I think my seventh grade look involved No Fear t-shirts and Wrangler jeans. Together. So I'm going to steer clear of returning to my roots.

But I am in love with your shoes!! So cute! Such a pretty color!

erin said...

Thank god you have this blog cause I keep missing your cute outfits! My 7th grade look was a uniform: blue plaid pleated skirt, white polo, and mary jane doc martens. Could be hot :)

Elle Sees said...

such a fierce haircut

fashionjunkie said...

You rock this hairstyle so well! I love your Marc Jacobs purse, gorgeous.

www.fashionjjunkie.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

I love all the shades of blue in your outfit! I'm from New England too, and I've come to accept that the little prepster inside me will always be there, I let her bust out her collars/boatshoes/pleats/kneesocks every now and then ;)

But this outfit is like chic prep, I'm sure 12 year old you would be proud!

xoxo, Ashley

Elle Sees said...

such a fierce haircut

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...