Monday Blues

| |


May 24, 2010


Jacket: Juicy Couture (Nordstrom Rack)
Chambray button down: Trouvé (Nordstrom)
Jeans: J. Crew
Shoes: Steve Madden (Nordstrom)
Necklace: Betsey Johnson (Nordstrom Rack)
Ring: BCBG Max Azria
Bag: Coach (Nordstrom)

After weeks of delaying the start of this blog, my best friend (and photographer) notified me on Sunday evening that the following day would mark the first day whether I was ready or not. I have to admit that Monday is not usually my most inspiring day of the week, and this nearly entirely blue outfit reflects that.

I bought this chambray shirt in a frenzy of spring denim purchases (think: denim skirt, chambray shirt, denim blazer). I love the fresh Americana feel of denim but was intimidated by a denim on denim look. The key is mixing different shades, and I usually gravitate toward darker colors on the bottom to minimize my lower body. Since this shirt is a boyfriend style, I wanted to wear something fitted on the bottom to balance the proportions. I recently purchased these J. Crew skinnies on sale and they have quickly made it into my weekly rotation of jeans.

All that denim begged for a splash of color, so I started by adding the necklace. I love this necklace not only because it’s fun and flirty, as most Betsey accessories are, but because it’s also a way of showing some love for my boyfriend, whose name begins with a b. I decided to run with the girly contrast to all that denim and threw on my pink peep toe cork wedges.

It’s still not spring here in the Northwest, so a jacket is required. This navy trench with gold buttons is classic and girly, and I love how it looks paired with the bright colors and mixed metallic chain straps of this Coach bag.

Speaking of that bag, there is always a debate about the girl on the front of it: is she screaming or laughing? Personally, I think it all depends on my mood. What do you think? Do you want to scream or laugh on Mondays?

1 comments:

erin said...

Scream. Definitely. Yay! Love the blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...