Gray on Gray on Even More Gray

| |

 
 May 25, 2010

Cardigan: BCBG Max Azria
Blouse: Billtornade (Portland Boutiques Collective Sale)
Jeans: J Brand (Nordstrom Rack)
Shoes: BCBGeneration (Nordstrom)
Zipper Bib Necklace: Adia Kibur (Gilt)
Ring: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Marc store on Newbury St. Boston, MA)
Bag: Treesje (Nordstrom)

Perhaps my nearly all gray outfit was an attempt to become a (hopefully) chic chameleon fading away into my gray surroundings?  After all, my Tuesday was spent learning about communication based on Myers-Briggs types and this strong introvert (20 points for I!) would certainly prefer to fade away in such situations.

I love this blouse and it lends itself well to one of my favorite style contradictions: feminine and tough. The ruffles bring romance while the pops of neon add an edge. Unfortunately the temperature control in my office is horrible so I planned for the arctic temperatures of the dreaded, windowless conference room by layering a long, loose cardigan over the blouse. My very well loved J Brand skinny jeans were the perfect balance.

I brought on a little more tough with my accessories: a spiky ring (which is also endless entertainment for a girl with a short attention span sitting in an eight hour meeting), a bib necklace of zipper edged flowers, and a studded purse. The bib necklace is always a conversation piece, and the most unexpected people compliment me on this one.

This necklace was a Gilt purchase, and I was so excited to score it as it sold out quickly. I adore online sample sales. Portland simply does not have a high fashion market and real sample sales are non-existent, so I turn to online sample sales on a daily basis. I’m not ashamed to admit that I have rescheduled meetings that would have lured me from my desk during the start of a sale. What? You haven’t?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...